QuintoLabs Content Security is an ICAP server and URL
rewriter that integrates with existing Squid proxy
server and provides rich web and content filtering
platform to sanitize Internet traffic passing into
internal home/enterprise network. It may be used to
block illegal or potentially malicious file downloads,
remove annoying advertisements, prevent access to
various categories of the web sites and block
resources with explicit content.
The application is easily deployed and managed,
requires minimal external dependencies, very robust
and runs with excellent performance. Supports all
major Linux distributions (RedHat, CentOS, Fedora,
Debian, Ubuntu) and Microsoft Windows. The following
major benefits of the application for the proxy users
- Organize your proxy users into groups and assign
different strictness of content filtering to them
ensuring maximum protection without losing
- Users can be put into groups based on their IP address
range, subnets or user name. Each group gets
its own filtering exceptions and blocking
rules. Default deployment contains predefined
strict, relaxed and other groups most suitable
for SOHO or educational networks.
- Any domain, web site, URL, IP address, address
range or subnet may be excluded from web filtering
settings of any group.
- Stop annoying advertisements and banners on any web site using various free community powered filter subscriptions
without the need to install additional or custom browser plugins. All available browsers are supported out of the box.
- Easily customize the application to never block ads on the sites you are interested in.
- Perform a one click setup of regular updates of advert subscriptions.
- Increase surfing privacy by blocking common web site tracking and user analysis techniques.
- Block access to web sites with inappropriate contents by more than 90 categories (gambling, explicit adult content,
gaming and others). Compatible with many community supported and free URL blocking lists (such as
URL Black List and Shalla).
- Stop user from viewing of any HTML pages based on its contents and customizable lists of inappropriate words. Sophisticated
phrase analyzers are capable of finding the banned words in the Word, RTF, HTML, XML and PDF files downloaded from
- Categorize more than half of the web sites with adult contents by utilizing extremely fast heuristics analyzer.
- Ensure compliance of visited web sites with RTA (restricted to adults) self labeling system
- Control internet sites viewed by the users with all modern browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox,
Google Chrome, Opera and Safari.
- Block retrieval of inappropriate and potentially dangerous files from the Internet, including illegal and pirated
MP3 music, videos, potentially harmful scripts, executables, archives and torrents.
- Prohibit file retrieval by contents (audio/video/applications), real file types, file names, character sets,
transfer encodings and URL regular expressions.
- Save the internet bandwidth preventing access to extremely large files like *.iso, disk images and
- Check the excellent performance and low memory footprint of the application that makes it ideally suited for
deployments in virtual environments such as VMware, Virtual Box or Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V 2008.
- Set up in memory content filtering to reduce the high I/O disk usage and overall system performance degradation.
- Enable caching of the 'prohibited' filtering results to further reduce server load and unnecessary CPU consumption.
- Download precompiled binary packages for most Linux based distributions including Ubuntu,
Debian, RedHat, CentOS and SUSE. Microsoft Windows (Home) Server is also supported.
- Perform simple integration with any proxy utilizing ICAP protocol, for example Squid Web Caching Server.
- Enable one click automatic updates of definition files, categories and AdBlock subscriptions.
- Adjust plain text based configuration files with any text editor and perform simple (tar-way) backups
of product settings.